This model moves from negative ( – ) to positive ( + ):
From the fallen, “corrupt” nature of mankind, which progressively de-gene-rates ( – ) by degrees of maturity into “the blackness of darkness” (Jude 1:13).
Then, “in Christ [the crucified, resurrected Man Jesus: in the God-Man Nucleus],” human beings move across the ‘death-line’ ( 0 ).
Then, “in the Spirit,” believers are progressively re-gene-rated and made capable of emigrating into increasing dimensions ( + ) of “all the fullness [or progressive fullnesses]” (Ps. 16:11; John 1:16; Eph. 1:10, 23, 3:19; 4:13; Col. 1:19, 2:9) of the relational, inter-Personal dynamic of the Triune-God of Agape – “Holy [Father], Holy [Son], Holy [Spirit] the Almighty [All-Three-Mighty]” (Isa. 6:3; Rev. 4:8); “God Most High” (Gen. 14:19; Luke 6:35) – Who “dwells in unapproachable Light” (1 Tim. 6:16).
From Eros: self-love – the manifestation of the de-gene-rate nature of “Worthless,” “the father of lies [lit. the lie]” (John 8:44), in human beings – Agape with “hypocrisy” (Rom. 12:9) in its forms and levels of maturity.
To Phileo: brotherly love, friendship love.
To Agape: sacrificial self-giving and self-sharing Love; an extreme self-forsaking love; sacrificial Son-giving Love; a relational, interpersonal dynamic.
“God Most High”: in humility, Father, Son, and Spirit exalt One Another – “the third heaven”
+5 Agape: Nucleus-sharing Love
+4 Agape: Son-sharing Love
+3 Agape: Sacrificial self-sharing Love
+2 Agape: Sacrificial self-giving Love
+1 Phileo: Brotherly Love
0 Death Line: “dead in trespasses and sins” (Eph. 2:1) → “alive to God in Christ Jesus” (Rom. 6:11).
-1 Eros: Soulish sharing
-2 Eros: Soulish giving
-3 Eros: Unconscious hypocrisy
-4 Eros: Conscious hypocrisy
“the father of the lie”; “the recesses of the pit”; “the blackness of darkness”
Before we examine each of these in more detail, first we must consider the relevance of such a study and establish some foundational presuppositions:
1. “God [Father, Son, and Spirit] is love [lit. Agape]” (1 John 4:8, 16). The Trinity do not just do love, individually and together these three Eternals are love. The Agape nature which Father, Son, and Spirit share moves Them to perpetually fuse into One Another; therefore these three, unique Individuals are “one” God. Love (Agape) is the ‘strong nuclear force’ which causes the relational, inter-personal fusion of individuals.
2. The purpose of our existence as human beings is to manifest the “image” and “likeness” of our Triune-Creator – the Agape nature of the “Us” of our genesis (Gen. 1:26). The primary reason our Triune-God created us, and seeks to redeem and re-gene-rate us, is that we “may become partakers [sharers] of the divine nature [e.g. Agape: sacrificial Self-sharing Love]” (2 Peter 1:4), and therefore sharers in the “eternal life” which Father, Son, and Spirit share.
3. The goal of life is telios – to come to full and complete maturity, individually and corporately, in the Love (Agape) which our Triune-Creator is by nature, that is, to be capable of receiving and reciprocating Triune-Agape. “Therefore you are to be perfect [lit. telios] even as your heavenly Father is perfect [lit. telios]” (Matt. 5:48).
4. The evidence we have been redeemed from the corrupt, de-gene-rate condition into which each and all of us were born, and the evidence that we are being progressively re-gene-rated – maturing as gen-uine children “born from above” (John 3:3-8) – is our ability to practice reciprocal gene-rosity with God and one another and manifest the in-gen-uity of God for the sake of adding to one another as self-sharers.
5. Moving from eros into mature Agape is a progressive journey of re-gene-ration and acculturation: “from faith to faith [ + ]” (Rom. 1:17) and “from life to life [ + ] ” (2 Cor. 2:16) and “from glory to glory [ + ]” (2 Cor. 3:18). By faith, our spiritual vision and perception of the Triune-God is continually expanding (maturing) and we are moved to “sell” our treasure in this world and “buy” into the kingdom of God more and more comprehensively. Walking by faith, we find ourselves participating, daily, in increasing measures of the relational “life” of God – “faith working through Agape” (Gal. 5:6). Sustained exposure to the Light of this ‘one shared life’ is a form of spiritual photosynthesis that effects our growth together in the glory of our Triune-God – the fusion ‘yield’ of relational Oneness (see John 17).
6. Peter described the process by which we grow in Agape –
“…He has granted to us His precious and magnificent promises, so that by them you may become partakers of the divine nature [“God is Agape”], having escaped the corruption [counterfeit love: eros] that is in the world by lust [desiring desire itself for self]. Now for this very reason also, applying all diligence [intentionality, sobriety], in your faith [seeing and ‘buying into’ Triune-Agape] supply moral excellence [walk in holiness and truth: eros-free], and in your moral excellence, knowledge [e.g. “the Light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ” 2 Cor. 4:8], and in your knowledge, self-control [self-denial], and in your self-control, perseverance [just don’t quit on one another] and in your perseverance, godliness [Trinity-likeness], and in your godliness, brotherly kindness [lit. Greek Philadelphia; from phileo], and in your brotherly kindness, love [lit. Greek: Agape]” (2 Peter 1:4–7).
7. Over the course of His 33 years on the earth, Jesus, our “Forerunner,” faced, overcame, and conquered all the various expressions and stages of “the lie” of eros – counterfeit love – even descending into hell, and He was perfected in gen-uine Agape as God’s Prototype Man Who “became a life-giving spirit” (1 Cor. 15:45), and “a Son made perfect [lit. telios] forever” (Heb. 7:28).
8. The perfected, Agape nature (telios) of the God-Man Jesus Christ is contained in a “seed” which believers receive by faith and subsequently emerges, grows, and bears the fruit of reciprocal gene-rosity – reciprocal ‘faith-fullness.’ This seed is “Christ in you the hope of glory [in the Nucleus of Christ we participate in “the fullness” of the relational fusion of our Triune-God]” (Col. 1:27).
9. Our Triune-God is a ‘Farmer’ who “waits” (James 5:7) for the maturity of this “seed” in us individually and corporately.
10. Just as believers follow Jesus into dimensions of maturity in “the Light” and “the truth” which “God is,” there is also maturity in the darkness of “the lie” of eros. “But evil men and impostors [sons of Worthless, the false-father] will proceed from bad to worse [ – ], deceiving and being deceived [self-deceived deceivers maturing in eros]” (2 Tim. 3:13). Peter added, “…having eyes full of adultery that never cease from sin [compulsive self-worth-ship] enticing unstable souls, having a heart trained in greed [opportunism], accursed children [manifesting the de-gene-rate nature of Worthless, “the father of the lie”]” (2 Peter 2:14).
11. John made this clear distinction:
“By this the [gen-uine] children of God and the [de-gene-rate] children of the devil are obvious: anyone who does not practice righteousness [maturing in reciprocal gene-rosity] is not of God, nor the one who does not Agape [sacrificial share himself with] his brother. For this is the message you have heard from the beginning that we should Agape one another [practice reciprocal self-sharing]; not as Cain, who was of the evil one and slew his brother. And for what reason did he slay him? Because his deeds were evil [self-serving], and his brother’s were righteous [self-sharing] (1 John 3:10-12).
12. Distinguishing the kinds of love and their corresponding stages of maturity is not an attempt to analyze and artificially categorize the steps on this journey (in either the negative or positive direction) to try to establish a formula or dogma; rather, we are simply seeking to map out, through the Scriptures, where we came from and where God has destined for us to go, that is, where we began in our first, de-gene-rate birth and where “the Spirit of Christ” is now leading those of us who seek to emigrate, intentionally and zealously, into the kingdom of God. The essential ‘movement’ of emigrating into “the heavenly kingdom” is practicing and maturing together in Trinity-like Agape with one another right here on the earth!
Distinguishing the Kinds of Love and Corresponding Stages of Maturity:
-4 EROS: CONSCIOUS HYPOCRISY –
1. We begin with the extremity of maturity in “the darkness” of “the lie” of eros individualism and self-worth-ship.
2. Agape with “hypocrisy” (Rom. 12:9); skillful, practiced, premeditated “treachery”; “devising evil” (Ps. 35:4, 38:12, 64:6; Ezek. 11:12; Hosea 7:15); calculating and scheming as a predatory opportunist; a conscious, commissioned ‘agent’ of Worthless spending one’s life to further his interests against God in expectation of a payoff for self.
3. The origin of this depth of “darkness” is rooted in Lucifer’s fall:
a. Isaiah 14:12-17
How you have fallen from heaven, O star of the morning, son of the dawn [created out of the fusion of the Trinity]! You have been cut down to the earth [implosion as a self-center – a ‘black hole’], you who have weakened the nations [with con-fusion]! But you said in your heart, “I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God, and I will sit on the mount of assembly in the recesses of the north [usurp God’s place]. I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High.” Nevertheless you will be thrust down to Sheol [upward descent], to the recesses of the pit [“blackness of darkness”]. Those who see you will gaze at you…saying, “Is this the man who made the earth tremble, who shook kingdoms, who made the world like a wilderness and overthrew its cities, who did not allow his prisoners to go home?”
b. Ezekiel 28:12-18
You [the archangel Lucifer] had the seal of perfection, full of wisdom [Agape rationale] and perfect in beauty [a sacrificial self-sharer]. You were in Eden, the garden of God [greenhouse for the growth of Agape DNA]; every precious stone was your covering…and the gold, the workmanship of your settings [lit. tamborines] and sockets [lit. flutes], was in you. On the day that you were created they [instruments of true worth-ship] were prepared. You were the anointed cherub who covers, and I placed you there. You were on the holy mountain of God [cohabitation of the Trinity]; you walked in the midst of the stones of fire [“living stones” in fusion].
You were blameless [eros-free] in your ways from the day you were created until unrighteousness [self-love] was found in you. By the abundance of your trade [“exchanged the glory of God for the lie” Rom. 1:23] you were internally filled with violence [eros DNA: predatory opportunism], and you sinned; therefore I have cast you as profane [unholy] from the mountain [cohabitation] of God. And I have destroyed you, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.
Your heart was lifted up because of your beauty [self-worth-ship]; you corrupted your wisdom by reason of your splendor [eros rationale: ‘me’-centered thinking]. I cast you to the ground [upward descent]…By the multitude of your iniquities, in the unrighteousness of your trade you profaned your sanctuaries [betrayed God and all the host of heaven for self-interest]. Therefore I have brought fire from the midst of you [outcome of eros DNA – fission decay]; it has consumed you, and I have turned you to ashes [“Worthless”] on the earth.
4. Judas’ kiss:
a. John 12:6 “…because Judas was a thief [systematically mentored by Worthless in self-indulgence and opportunism; maturing in eros], and as he had the money box, he used to pilfer what was put into it.”
b. John 13:21-30 “Jesus…became troubled in spirit, and testified and said, ‘Truly, truly, I say to you, that one of you will betray Me.’ …John, leaning back thus on Jesus’ bosom, said to Him, ‘Lord, who is it?’ Jesus then answered, ‘That is the one for whom I shall dip the morsel [a full ‘share’ in My body] and give it to him.” So when He had dipped the morsel, He took and gave it to Judas… After the morsel, Satan then entered into him. Therefore Jesus said to him, ‘What you do, do quickly.’ …So after receiving the morsel [in conscious hypocrisy], he went out [in the power of fission] and it was night [full, relational, spiritual eclipse: “the blackness of darkness”].”
c. Matthew 26:48 “Now he who was betraying Him gave them a sign [Jesus’ enemies to who Judas defected], saying, ‘Whomever I kiss, He is the one; seize Him.’”
d. Luke 22:47-48 “…behold, a crowd came, and the one called Judas, one of the twelve, was preceding them [leading the charge]; and he approached Jesus to kiss Him. But Jesus said to him, ‘Judas, are you betraying the Son of Man with a kiss?’”
5. David’s adultery with Bathsheba was probably stage -3, but consciously arranging the murder of her husband motivated by self-preservation was stage -4.
6. Jude 10–13
“But these men revile the things which they do not understand; and the things which they know by instinct [de-gene-rate DNA], like unreasoning animals, by these things they are destroyed. Woe to them! For they have gone the way of Cain, and for pay they have rushed headlong into the error of Balaam, and perished in the rebellion of Korah. These are the men who are hidden reefs in your love feasts when they feast with you without fear, caring for themselves; clouds without water, carried along by winds; autumn trees without fruit, doubly dead, uprooted; wild waves of the sea, casting up their own shame like foam; wandering stars [imploded: black holes], for whom the black darkness [lit. the blackness of darkness] has been reserved forever.”
-3 EROS: UNCONSCIOUS HYPOCRISY –
1. I instinctually and compulsively forsake and exploit others before I even realize it by virtue of my eros nature, my disposition or ‘default mode.’
2. Peter’s denial –
a. Matthew 26:33–35 “But Peter said to Him, ‘Even though all may fall away because of You, I will never fall away.’ Jesus said to him, “Truly I say to you that this very night, before a rooster crows, you will deny Me three times.’ Peter said to Him, ‘Even if I have to die with You, I will not deny You.’”
b. John 13:36-38 “Simon Peter said to Him, “Lord, where are You going?” Jesus said, “Where I am going [through the cross into the fusion of the Trinity as a Man] you cannot follow Me now [as an individualist ruled by self-worth-ship]; but you will follow Me later [as a sacrificial self-sharer]. Peter said to Him, “Lord, why can I not follow You right now? I will lay my life down for You.” Jesus answered, “Will you lay your life down for Me [in extreme self-forsaking Love]? Truly, truly, I say to you, a rooster will not crow until you deny [disown] Me [the Triune-God in Christ] three times.”
c. Matthew 26:69–75 “…a servant-girl came to Peter and said, ‘You too were with Jesus the Galilean.’ But he denied it before them all, saying, ‘I do not know what you are talking about.’ When he had gone out to the gateway, another servant-girl saw him and said to those who were there, ‘This man was with Jesus of Nazareth.’ And again he denied it with an oath, ‘I do not know the man.’ A little later the bystanders came up and said to Peter, ‘Surely you too are one of them; for even the way you talk gives you away.’ Then he began to curse and swear, “I do not know the man!” And immediately a rooster crowed. And Peter remembered the word which Jesus had said, ‘Before a rooster crows, you will deny Me [Triune-God in Christ] three times.’ And he went out and wept bitterly.”
3. With every intention of being faithful, when the test comes, I am shocked at my own faithlessness and failure, and I become painfully aware that I am tyrannized by eros and “sold into bondage to sin” (Rom. 7:14). Spiritually inebriated by self-worth-ship, I grossly overestimate my own ability to be all-true to another.
4. Romans 7:14-24 Paul’s testimony of slavery in ‘the torment of choice’:
“I am of flesh, sold into bondage to sin [eros: self-worth-ship]. For what I am doing I do not understand [con-fusion]; for I am not practicing what I would like to do [sharing with others], but I am doing the very thing I hate [exploiting others]. But if I do the very thing I do not want to do…no longer am I the one doing it, but sin [Worthless’ de-gene-rate nature] which dwells in me.
“For I know that nothing good [Agape] dwells in me, that is, in my flesh; for the willing is present in me, but the doing of the good [sacrificial self-sharing] is not. For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil [eros] that I do not want. I find then the principle that evil is present in me, the one who wants to do good [practice reciprocal self-sharing and participate in true Love]…Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord!” (Rom. 7:14-24).
-2 EROS: SOULISH GIVING (not “from above”) –
1. Giving to another for a self-referential payoff –
a. To alleviate my own guilt and self-condemnation – attempting self-justification, self-righteousness, self-salvation, self-effort (climbing into God rather than receiving Agape incarnate which came down to us).
b. To feel like a good person (feel good about myself; i.e. rolling down the window to give to a homeless man; tithing in church, etc.
c. To look like a good person to others and have opportunity to brag: “…that they may be seen of men” (Matt. 6:5).
2. First Abram met Melchizedek (Son of God coming as a theophany), and then Abram met the King of Sodom: Genesis 14:18-24
“And Melchizedek king of Salem [see Heb. 1:1-17] brought out bread and wine [flesh and blood of the eternal Christ: gen-uine Self-sharing]; now he was a priest of God Most High. He blessed him and said, ‘Blessed be Abram of God Most High, Possessor of heaven and earth; and blessed be God Most High, Who has delivered your enemies into your hand.’ He gave him a tenth of all [kingdom economics: reciprocal gene-rosity].
The king of Sodom said to Abram, ‘Give the people to me and take the goods for yourself [Worthless’ world economics].’ Abram said to the king of Sodom, ‘I have sworn to the Lord God Most High, possessor of heaven and earth, that I will not take a thread or a sandal thong or anything that is yours, for fear you would say, “I have made Abram rich.” I will take nothing except what the young men have eaten, and the share of the men who went with me…let them take their share.’”
-1 EROS: SOULISH SHARING (not “from above”) –
1. A more permanent community situation where circumstances force people to share, but not built on the unshakable foundation of Jesus Christ (see 1 Cor. 3:11): kibbutz; communism; most churches and eldership boards; Diary of Anne Frank; military units (border on phileo).
2. In self-interest, I calculate that running together in a pack with certain, carefully chosen ‘others’ is better for ‘me,’ that cooperation with others is to my advantage. Once that advantage wanes, and those others become a liability to ‘me,’ I sell those others and seek new relationships to exploit. This place below the death line is particularly treacherous because most of these people would consider themselves good, generous, fruit-bearing people who do not require a Savior or a Re-gene-rator.
0 – DEATH LINE: between “the living and the dead” (Acts 10:42; Luke 20:38):
“dead [de-gene-rate] in trespasses and sins” (Eph. 2:1) → “alive to God in Christ Jesus” (Rom. 6:11).
+1 PHILEO: brotherly Love; friendship Love –
1. I love you as myself (equal to myself).
2. David testified: “For it is not an enemy who reproaches me, then I could bear it; nor is it one who hates me who has exalted himself against me [in self-worth-ship], then I could hide myself from him. But it is you, a man my equal, my companion and my familiar friend; we who had sweet fellowship together walked in the house [cohabitation] of God in the throng” (Psalm 55:12-14).
3. Jesus restoring Peter: John 21:15–17
“…Jesus said to Simon Peter, ‘Simon, son of John, do you love [lit. Agape] Me more than these?’ He said to Him, ‘Yes, Lord; You know that I love [lit. phileo] You.” He said to him, ‘Tend My lambs.’ He said to him again a second time, ‘Simon, son of John, do you love [lit. phileo] Me? He said to Him, ‘Yes, Lord; You know that I love [lit. phileo] You.” He said to him, ‘Shepherd My sheep.’ He said to him the third time, ‘Simon, son of John, do you love [phileo] Me?’ Peter was grieved because He said to him the third time, ‘Do you love Me [the Triune-God in Christ]?’ And he said to Him, ‘Lord, You know all things; You know that I love [phileo] You.” Jesus said to him, ‘Tend My sheep.’”
4. “…for the Father loves [lit. phileo] the Son, and shows Him all things that He Himself is doing” (John 5:20). “For the Father Himself loves [lit. phileo] you, because you have loved [phileo] Me…” (John 16:27).
+2 AGAPE: SACRIFICIAL SELF-GIVING LOVE –
1. I love you more than myself; more precisely, I love you in place of myself, or instead of myself.
2. To gen-uinely, willingly, and freely give myself to another, I must deny myself and forsake myself in an extreme self-forsaking Love – “Greater love has no one [individual] than this, that one lay down his [autonomous] life for his friends” (John 15:13).
3. Sacrificial self-giving Love is the initial act of relational, interpersonal fusion: “The one who joins [fuses] himself to the Lord is one spirit with Him” (1 Cor. 6:17).
4. Agape remains faithful and holds true even when phileo between brothers suffers or fails: “Agape never fails [another]” (1 Cor. 13:8).
5. See phileo and Agape in the brotherhood of David and Jonathan (Prince and heir to the throne of Israel):
a. “…the soul of Jonathan was knit [fused] to the soul of David and Jonathan loved him as [in place of] himself…Then Jonathan made a covenant [fusion agreement] with David because he loved him as [in place of] himself. Jonathan stripped himself of the robe that was on him [symbol of his position as Prince and heir to the throne] and gave it [e.g. himself] to David, with his armor, including his sword and his bow and his belt [his ability to defend himself – sign of relational vulnerability]” (1 Sam. 18:1-4).
b. “Now David became aware that Saul had come out to seek his life… And Jonathan, Saul’s son, arose and went to David at Horesh, and encouraged him in God. Thus he said to him, ‘Do not be afraid, because the hand of Saul my father will not find you, and you will be king over Israel and I will be next to you; and Saul my father knows that also.’ So the two of them made a covenant [fusion agreement] before the Lord…” (1 Sam. 23:15-18).
+3 AGAPE: SACRIFICIAL SELF-SHARING LOVE –
1. Perpetual and sustained sacrificial self-giving Love between individuals is “abiding” together as self-sharers. Self-sharing is repeatedly giving self into a sustained relationship. Giving is hard, sharing is harder.
2. Paul: “I will most gladly [willingly] spend [self-giving Love] and be expended [self-sharing Love] for your souls” (2 Cor. 12:15).
3. Oswald Chambers defined sin as “My claim to my right to myself.” Solomon wrote, “The soul of the wicked [individualist, opportunist] desires evil [self-indulgence and self-preservation at another’s expense]; his neighbor finds no favor in his eyes [self-focus eclipses self-sharing]” (Prov. 21:10).
This verse is uniquely illustrated by the intentional abortion of an unborn child. For the purpose of remaining undisturbed and preserving self in its own habitat, a woman ‘chooses’ to terminate her pregnancy. Unwilling to sacrificially share her body or her present or future life with the child growing within her, a woman willfully exercises her claim to her right to herself – the right to the exclusive use of her own body. Therefore, the unborn child “finds no favor in her eyes.” However, did God not intentionally purpose for the Son to be incarnated into human flesh through Mary’s act of radical, sacrificial self-sharing – a ‘virgin’ who embraced grievous misunderstanding, suffered acute shame among everyone she knew, and risked losing Joseph, her betrothed, for the sole purpose of sharing her own body with the Son, the Nucleus of God? Therefore, the angel Gabriel addressed Mary as God’s “favored one” (Luke 1:28).
+4 AGAPE: SON-SHARING LOVE (also Father-sharing Love, Spirit-sharing Love) –
1. Sacrificially sharing another – my beloved – is a far deeper and more costly sacrifice than sharing self.
2. “He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things?” (Romans 8:32).
3. Abraham offered up Isaac. Just as the Trinity found in Mary one who would willingly join Them in the profound revelation of sacrificial self-sharing Love, the Triune-God also found in Abraham a man who would join Them in extreme Son-giving Love, offering his only beloved son Isaac. Later, Mary also tasted sacrificial Son-giving Love as a firsthand witness of the crucifixion of her firstborn which fulfilled Simeon’s prophecy to her at His birth, “a sword will pierce your own soul also” (Luke 2:35).
4. Paul sending Timothy:
a. “But I hope in the Lord Jesus to send Timothy to you shortly…For I have no one else of kindred spirit [to share with you] who will genuinely be concerned for your welfare. For they all seek after their own interests, not those of Jesus Christ. But you know of his proven worth, that he served with me [as a gen-uine, sacrificial self-sharer] in the furtherance of the gospel like a child serving his father” (Phil. 2:19-22).
b. In Trinity-like Agape, Paul cherished Timothy far more than himself, just as Timothy had come to love Paul more than himself. Knowing from personal experience what dangers and persecutions awaited Timothy as he journeyed out into the empire in Christ’s name, it was a far greater sacrifice for Paul to share Timothy with faraway churches, than for Paul to go himself. As Abraham discovered, the most costly, difficult thing to share is ‘my own’ child! Paul’s willingness to share Timothy in order to fulfill their shared mandate to carry “the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ” was a profound act of worth-ship – gen-uinely imitating the Agape of the Triune-God.
5. Keith Green sang, “I pledge my son, I pledge my wife for the gospel…”
6. Amy Carmichael wrote:
“If I refuse to allow one who is dear to me to suffer for the sake of Christ, if I do not see such suffering as the greatest honor that can be offered to any follower of the Crucified, then I know nothing of Calvary love” (Amy Carmichael, If).
+5 AGAPE: NUCLEUS SHARING LOVE –
1. 2 Corinthians 5:19 “God [Father, Son, Spirit] was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself.”
2. Colossians 1:19-20, 2:9-10
“For it was the Father’s good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him, and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, having made peace [overcoming eros, corruption, relational fission] through the blood of His cross…For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form [the fusion of the Trinity in a God-Man Nucleus], and in Him [fused into the God-Man Nucleus] you have been made complete [lit. full; with God’s fullness].”
3. The highest and most mature form of Agape was demonstrated by “God in Christ” on the Cross: “My God [Father], My God [Spirit], why have You forsaken Me [the Son – Nucleus of all the fullness of Deity]” (Matt. 27:46). The Trinity sacrificed the epicenter of Their Oneness (that which all Three cherished most) in order to open that Nucleus to mankind and share it with us as a cohabitation – “the kingdom of God.”
4. John 13:1 “…having loved His own who were in the world [captives of Worthless and “the lie”], He [God in Christ] loved them to the end [lit. to the uttermost; e.g. +5 Love].”
5. John 14:2-4
“In My Father’s house are many dwelling places [room for each unique, fuse-able individual in one shared estate]; if it were not so, I would have told you [e.g. if it was a mirage based in “the lie” I would disclose it to you: Agape without hypocrisy]; for I go [through the fission/fusion vortex of the cross] to prepare a place for you [in My own body–the ‘house’ Father and Spirit have chosen to dwell in], I will come again and receive you to Myself [into the Nucleus/dwelling place of the Trinity], that where I AM [Father, Son, Spirit in Tri-unity], there you may be also [as sharers in the one shared life of God]. And you know the way I AM going [three Self-sharers in Christ embracing the cross in downward ascent].”
6. Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Life Together, p. 30-32:
Christian brotherhood is not an ideal which we must realize [e.g. attempt to construct]; it is rather a reality created by God in Christ in which we may participate [invited to enter and share in the eternal kingdom: Father, Son, and Spirit in fusion in the Nucleus of Christ; I disagree that it is created since “the eternal God is a dwelling place” and “God chose us in Christ before the foundation of the world”]. Because Christian community is founded solely on Jesus Christ [the God-Man Nucleus, choice Cornerstone of the cohabitation of God and man], it is a spiritual and not a psychic reality. In this it differs from all other [man-made] communities. The Scriptures call “pnuematic,” “spiritual,” that which is created only by the Holy Spirit, who puts Jesus Christ [the Nucleus of the kingdom of God and man] into our hearts as Lord and Savior. The Scripture term “psychic,” “human” that which comes from the natural urges, powers, and capacities of the [corrupt] human spirit.
The basis of all spiritual reality is the clear, manifest Word of God in Jesus Christ. The basis of all human reality is the dark, turbid urges and desires of the human mind [the corruption of eros rationale: the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil]. The basis of the community of the Spirit is truth [relational altruism]; the basis of human community of spirit is desire [the lie: desiring desire itself for self].
The essence of the community of Spirit is light, for “God is light [Spectrum of three Primaries in One Beam], and in him [Tri-unity] there is no darkness [individualism, self-worth-ship] at all” (1 John 1:5) and “if we walk in the light [relational fusion: reciprocal sacrificial self-sharing], as he is in the light, we have fellowship one [fuse-able individual] with another” (1:7). The essence of human community of spirit is darkness, “for from within [de-gene-rate nature, DNA], out of the heart of men [captives of self-worth-ship], proceed evil thoughts [opportunism]” (Mark 7:21). It is the deep night that hovers over the sources of all human action [corrupt human spirits resonate with the false-father Worthless, an unclean spirit who hovers], even over noble and devout impulses [i.e. ‘good ideas’]. The community of the Spirit is the fellowship [reciprocal self-sharing] of those called by Jesus Christ [to one shared life in Trinity-likeness]; human community of spirit is the fellowship of devout souls [religious men tyrannized by self-will capturing and exploiting one another].
In the community of the Spirit there burns the bright love of brotherly service, agape [reciprocal sacrificial self-sharing: fusion]; in human community of spirit [e.g. the attempt of de-gene-rate man to replicate or counterfeit true community] there glows the dark love of good and evil desire, eros [fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil]. In the former there is ordered brotherly service [reciprocal sacrificial self-sharing: “no greater love…that one lay down his life for his friends”], in the latter disordered desire for pleasure [fission, con-fusion]; in the former humble subjection to brethren, in the latter humble yet haughty subjection of a brother to one’s own desire [opportunism, dream-stealing]…
…here, besides the Word, men bind others to themselves [usurp Christ’s place as the Nucleus]. There all power, honor, and dominion are surrendered to the Holy Spirit; here spheres of power and influence of a personal nature are sought and cultivated…In the spiritual realm the Spirit governs; in human community, psychological techniques and methods [opportunism]. In the former naïve, un-psychological, unmethodical, helping love is extended towards one’s brother; in the latter psychological analysis and construction; in the one the service to one’s brother is simple and humble; in the other service consists of a searching, calculating analysis of a stranger [suitable prey].